Man, 27, arrested in east London charged with ‘preparing acts of terrorism’
- Credit: MPS
One of the three men arrested by armed police in east London on suspicion of terrorism links earlier this month has now been charged.
He is 27-year-old Sahayb Aweys Munye Abu who is charged under the 2006 Terrorism Act with “preparation of terrorist acts”, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight.
Abu is being remanded in custody and appears via video link at Westminster Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, July 24.
He was taken into custody in an operation by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command on June 9 along with another man and a teenager. A third man was arrested by policed in Leicestershire.
All the others were later released without charge after being detained for at least a week.
You may also want to watch:
Police searched two addresses in east London, but haven’t released any more details of where the men were arrested.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff