Preview: Panto season at Theatre Royal Stratford
As pantomime season arrives, Theatre Royal Stratford prepares to return with its annual dose of fun, which this year is a production of Jack and the Beanstalk.
Writer Paul Sirett has added his own adaptation to the panto, which promises to be a raucous evening with plenty of audience involvement.
The show will also have a musical element, with characters embracing genres ranging from country and western to hip-hop.
Director Dawn Reid, said: “Theatre Royal Stratford East has a great tradition for combining the some of the best-loved stories with new music and a diverse cast to give a very special pantomime experience.
“We’re confident this year will be better than ever and we’re going all-out to make sure we give our audience a cracking treat this Christmas!”
You may also want to watch:
Jack and the Beanstalk runs from Saturday December 1 to January 19.
For more information and to book tickets, visit http://www.stratfordeast.com/.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns