Prince Charles and Camilla touring Bow waterways tomorrow on way to Olympic Park
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will tour the East End waterways tomorrow after naming an Olympic canal boat at Bow.
Prince Charles and Camilla will visit The House Mill, on Three Mills Island, where they will meet staff, volunteers and sponsor’s of the mill’s the restoration project.
The Prince and Duchess will also tour the 3 Mills Studios, the production centre for the team behind the Olympic opening ceremony, overseen by Mile End film director Danny Boyle, and closing ceremony. The couple will meet volunteers producing costumes for the ceremonies.
Prince Charles and Camilla will then name one of the Water Chariots boats, the official provider of canal boat services during the Olympics starting next month.
They will then travel along the River Lea to the Olympic Park in Stratford, with representatives from the charity Canal & River Trust, taking over from British Waterways in overseeing the waterways, and Olympic organisers.
You may also want to watch:
At the park the couple will meet representatives from Bikeworks, a community cycle centre, in Bethnal Green and landscape apprentices involved in the creation of the riverside parklands alongside the Velodrome before visiting the Velodrome.
If you capture photos of the Prince and Duchess in the East End tomorrow please send us your snaps in an email to email@example.com or sign up to our www.iwitness24.co.uk to share your photos.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences