Princess Anne beats Tube strike for Canary Wharf visit
PRINCESS Anne made a flying visit into Docklands as she made her way into Canary Wharf.
The Princess Royal arrived in Millwall Park in a helicopter on Wednesday afternoon before a convoy of vehicles whisked her to the offices of Credit Suisse.
There she was the guest of honour at a conference hosted by the charity Royal Wanstead Children’s Foundation, of which she is a patron.
The event was held to raise the profile of a charity that looks after vulnerable children who suffer from chronic problems at home.
It was one stop in a busy day for the Princess, who had attended an engagement until late the previous night in Manchester before flying to east London after a short stop in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was no helicopter ride home, however, as she was driven away from Canary Wharf after the visit.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory