Princess Anne beats Tube strike for Canary Wharf visit
PRINCESS Anne made a flying visit into Docklands as she made her way into Canary Wharf.
The Princess Royal arrived in Millwall Park in a helicopter on Wednesday afternoon before a convoy of vehicles whisked her to the offices of Credit Suisse.
There she was the guest of honour at a conference hosted by the charity Royal Wanstead Children’s Foundation, of which she is a patron.
The event was held to raise the profile of a charity that looks after vulnerable children who suffer from chronic problems at home.
It was one stop in a busy day for the Princess, who had attended an engagement until late the previous night in Manchester before flying to east London after a short stop in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was no helicopter ride home, however, as she was driven away from Canary Wharf after the visit.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns