Prize plants on display at Spitalfields Show
VISITORS to Sunday s Spitalfields Show and Green Fair can get inspired to be more green and care for the environment. Home-grown fruit, vegetables flowers and homemade produce will be on display and there will be a wide range of stalls selling food and ar
VISITORS to Sunday's Spitalfields Show and Green Fair can get inspired to be more green and care for the environment.
Home-grown fruit, vegetables flowers and homemade produce will be on display and there will be a wide range of stalls selling food and arts and crafts being sold at the green market as well as a mobile allotment designed by artist Lisa Cheung.
The Spitalfields Show takes place in a large white marquee with entries by people from all over London.
There are 13 sections and 101 classes which include a special children's section and pets' section, flower arranging, fruit, vegetables, herbs, pot plants, preserves, cookery and handicrafts.
Whether contestants have a garden, allotment, backyard, balcony or window box they can enter this show.
Entries must arrive at 9am. Judging takes place at 11am and the show is open to the public from 12noon to 5pm.
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 7 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 10 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
The Spitalfields City Farm will be open for refreshments, donkey rides, visiting the animals and touring the garden run by the Bangladeshi women of the Coriander Club. The Spitalfields Community Association will be running a Give or Take Stall where you can give or take garden and household items such as books, toys, bikes, tools, kitchenware, bric-a-brac, clothes, plants, furniture and small appliances. Everything is free - just bring something you don't want anymore or take items you need.
The show and green fair will take place at Spitalfields City Farm and Allen Gardens in Buxton Street.