Queen Mary postpones Olympics lecture as speaker stranded by volcano
THE LATEST in a series of lectures on the Olympics at Queen Mary College has been postponed as the speaker is stranded in America with the flight ban into the UK. Professor Christopher Young, who is the head of German and Dutch at Cambridge University wa
THE LATEST in a series of lectures on the Olympics at Queen Mary College has been postponed as the speaker is stranded in America with the flight ban into the UK.
Professor Christopher Young, who is the head of German and Dutch at Cambridge University was due to talk about the fateful 1972 Munich Olympics at the event at the Mile End campus tomorrow night (Tuesday April 20).
Unfortunately he is one of the thousands of people unable to fly back to the UK following the eruption of the volcano in Iceland.
The lecture series has covered a range of key events in the history of the Olympics including the 1936 Berlin Olympics and the previous games hosted in London in 1908 and 1948.
You may also want to watch:
Professor Young's lecture will be rescheduled at a later date.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift