Queen Mary's festival tribute to Pinter
THE LIFE and works of Nobel-Prize winning playwright Harold Pinter will be celebrated in a festival at Queen Mary, University of London this weekend. The festival has been organised by the Queen Mary Theatre Company, and will celebrate the career highlig
THE LIFE and works of Nobel-Prize winning playwright Harold Pinter will be celebrated in a festival at Queen Mary, University of London this weekend.
The festival has been organised by the Queen Mary Theatre Company, and will celebrate the career highlights of one of Britain's most acclaimed modern dramatists who was born in Hackney.
The student-run company, which is supported by the Department of Drama, will perform a variety of Pinter's work ranging from 10-minute plays such as Night to better-known scripts like The Birthday Party.
There will also be talks from University of London lecturers about Pinter's work at the college in Mile End Road.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be a fitting tribute to the life of the playwright who died last year aged 78 and had longstanding ties with Queen Mary College.
He opened the very studio at the Mile End campus where many of the festival productions will be held, and which now bears his name.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
The weekend-long festival is open to the public and audience members can either pay for specific nights, or purchase a festival ticket for entry to all productions at a reduced price.
Contact the box office on 0775 753 6718 or email@example.com