Queen Mary's festival tribute to Pinter
THE LIFE and works of Nobel-Prize winning playwright Harold Pinter will be celebrated in a festival at Queen Mary, University of London this weekend. The festival has been organised by the Queen Mary Theatre Company, and will celebrate the career highlig
THE LIFE and works of Nobel-Prize winning playwright Harold Pinter will be celebrated in a festival at Queen Mary, University of London this weekend.
The festival has been organised by the Queen Mary Theatre Company, and will celebrate the career highlights of one of Britain's most acclaimed modern dramatists who was born in Hackney.
The student-run company, which is supported by the Department of Drama, will perform a variety of Pinter's work ranging from 10-minute plays such as Night to better-known scripts like The Birthday Party.
There will also be talks from University of London lecturers about Pinter's work at the college in Mile End Road.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be a fitting tribute to the life of the playwright who died last year aged 78 and had longstanding ties with Queen Mary College.
He opened the very studio at the Mile End campus where many of the festival productions will be held, and which now bears his name.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 'Save our planet' plea from children to Cop26 world leaders
The weekend-long festival is open to the public and audience members can either pay for specific nights, or purchase a festival ticket for entry to all productions at a reduced price.
Contact the box office on 0775 753 6718 or email@example.com