RAIL: Cracked track at Liverpool Street hits travel on Greater Anglia services
- Credit: Google
A major track fault at Liverpool Street station being fixed by engineers is causing delays to passengers on Great Eastern main line services.
Two platforms were put out of action after a crack was spotted during an engineering inspection on the approach to the station, which Network Rail said couldn’t be repaired.
Engineers are now making a temporary repair to enable a full service to run.
Some rush-hour services have had to be cancelled or revised. Somer passengers may need to change trains to reach their destination.
Services affected include Southend, Chelmsford, Braintree, Colchester, Southminster, Clacton, Ipswich, Harwich and Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working to repair this fault as quickly as possible to get a full service back up and running,” Network Rail’s head of maintenance for Anglia Steve Hooker said. “Some journeys may be split between two trains which will be busier than usual, so passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
The fault is a specialist piece of cross track which is on a curve and allows trains to cross from one track to another. A replacement part needs to be manufactured to order, said Network Rail, which isn’t due to arrive until October.
Latest information on the affected Greater Anglia services is online. Off peak services and TfL Rail Services through east London and Essex are scheduled as normal.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week