Hunt for rapist after woman is attacked in street near Victoria Park
- Credit: MPS
Detectives hunting a suspect in a rape attack late at night near Victoria Park have released an image of a man they want to question.
A woman in her 20s walking along Victoria Park Road was attacked on September 25 between 11 and 11.30pm.
She was approached by a man who began talking to her and walked with her before the attack took place near to Well Street Common.
“This is a serious incident and we are carrying out an intensive investigation to identify the man responsible,” Det Con Russell Popplewell said.
“I would ask anyone who witnessed anything suspicious to get in touch with us. They should look at this image and see if they recognise this man. Any detail, no matter how small, could assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
The woman is being supported by specially trained officers.
The Met’s Central East command covering Tower Hamlets and Hackney is now making a public appeal for anyone recognising the man or if they have information to dial 101 quoting cad 2496/28SEP20.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing