Rapper Dizzee slams Olympic site
DIZZEE Rascal has blasted the Olympics for turning his home town of Bow into a building hole . The rapper, who was born and bred in the East End and recently topped the charts with his current single Holiday said the 2012 games is nothing to get excited
DIZZEE Rascal has blasted the Olympics for turning his home town of Bow into a "building hole".
The rapper, who was born and bred in the East End and recently topped the charts with his current single Holiday said the 2012 games is nothing to get excited about.
He told the Evening Standard: "All that 2012 stuff does my head in. I'm not even a little bit excited.
"I don't still live in Bow, but I go back all the time, and it's s***. The whole area is just a big building hole."
But the 24-year-old Mercury Music Prize-winner whose real name is Dylan Mills said he wanted to perform at the opening ceremony.
He said: "Maybe I should be involved because I'm from the area. I'd do the ceremony but they need to be talking about the right situation.
- 1 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 2 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games