Rapper Dizzee slams Olympic site
DIZZEE Rascal has blasted the Olympics for turning his home town of Bow into a building hole . The rapper, who was born and bred in the East End and recently topped the charts with his current single Holiday said the 2012 games is nothing to get excited
DIZZEE Rascal has blasted the Olympics for turning his home town of Bow into a "building hole".
The rapper, who was born and bred in the East End and recently topped the charts with his current single Holiday said the 2012 games is nothing to get excited about.
He told the Evening Standard: "All that 2012 stuff does my head in. I'm not even a little bit excited.
"I don't still live in Bow, but I go back all the time, and it's s***. The whole area is just a big building hole."
You may also want to watch:
But the 24-year-old Mercury Music Prize-winner whose real name is Dylan Mills said he wanted to perform at the opening ceremony.
He said: "Maybe I should be involved because I'm from the area. I'd do the ceremony but they need to be talking about the right situation.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum