Real message of G20 Summit sadly lost by protests
Dear Ed, SADLY the basic message from the G20 summit conference may easily be lost—because here in East London we expect to experience massive disruption to our transport systems and our lives this weekend
SADLY the basic message from the G20 summit conference may easily be lost—because here in East London we expect to experience massive disruption to our transport systems and our lives this weekend.
The Government’s goal for the summit is international action to support the global economy, as no one country can resolve the crisis alone.
In Britain, stabilising the banks has been the priority, followed by support for families through tax cuts, the VAT cut and then investment in the future by protecting jobs and investment in building schemes such as schools, homes and transport projects.
You may also want to watch:
It is clear that we will suffer transport problems because of the protests and the police precautions.
But if it means we can have a better future for our families, it will be a price worth paying.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
Jim Fitzpatrick (Lab)
MP for Poplar & Canning Town
House of Commons