Real message of G20 Summit sadly lost by protests
Dear Ed, SADLY the basic message from the G20 summit conference may easily be lost—because here in East London we expect to experience massive disruption to our transport systems and our lives this weekend
SADLY the basic message from the G20 summit conference may easily be lost—because here in East London we expect to experience massive disruption to our transport systems and our lives this weekend.
The Government’s goal for the summit is international action to support the global economy, as no one country can resolve the crisis alone.
In Britain, stabilising the banks has been the priority, followed by support for families through tax cuts, the VAT cut and then investment in the future by protecting jobs and investment in building schemes such as schools, homes and transport projects.
You may also want to watch:
It is clear that we will suffer transport problems because of the protests and the police precautions.
But if it means we can have a better future for our families, it will be a price worth paying.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Jim Fitzpatrick (Lab)
MP for Poplar & Canning Town
House of Commons