Recession sparks London emigration flood to Australia
THE recession has helped spark a wave of emigration of Londoners seeking a better life abroad, according to figures out today. London is now Britain’s top city’ for those wanting to start life afresh overseas
THE recession has helped spark a wave of emigration of Londoners seeking a better life abroad, according to figures out today.
London is now Britain’s top city’ for those wanting to start life afresh overseas, with Australia a favourite destination for fed up Brits.
More enquiries received by the Emigration Group specialists came from London than anywhere else in the UK.
“London seems to be an emigration hotspot in the UK,” said Paul Arthur from the Emigration Group.
You may also want to watch:
“Economic factors are playing their part. Manufacturing and construction industries are on their knees here, but there is still demand Down Under for the skills Brits have to offer.
“Australia and New Zealand are defying the recession, with their robust economies fuelling emigration for Brits who maybe struggling here.”
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
The exodus is in line with recent statistics from the Australian government revealing Britain as the largest source of immigrants after New Zealand, with 23,000 Brits having started a new life there last year, making up 15 per cent of all new arrivals.
But it isn’t just financial reasons driving emigration enquiries, the company points out. Workers may be looking for a better quality of life and better weather!
The Emigration Group holds two seminars for wannabe emigrants at the London Holiday Inn by Heathrow Airport on February 21, at 10am for New Zealand and 2pm for Australia.