Red Arrows bring £275,000 Aston Martin to Canary Wharf - and it could be yours
- Credit: Archant
The Red Arrows are used to travelling at top speeds in the air, but their feet were firmly on the ground during a visit to Canary Wharf.
Members of the flying display team accompanied an Aston Martin Vanquish S Red Arrows car that is set to be raffled off to raise money for the RAF Benevolent Fund, which supports serving and former members of the RAF and their families.
The £275,000 car is one of just 10 created in tribute to the RAF’s display team, and features the squadron’s crest and an engraving of the ‘diamond nine’ formation.
Yesterday’s arrival in Canary Wharf was a chance for prospective owners - as well as young motor enthusiasts - to see the car up close and meet some of the Red Arrows.
Tickets for the raffle cost £20 and are available from rafbf.org/red10.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries is on December 1 and the draw will take place on December 8.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse