Refunds offered to Jubilee users after Friday Tube closure
REFUNDS will be offered to any people disrupted on Friday morning by the Jubilee Line breakdown.
The Jubilee line was suspended between London Bridge and Stratford for around two hours due to a faulty train in the North Greenwich area. The DLR was also disrupted for around an hour due to a points problem at Shadwell.
Customers who exited Canary Wharf Tube, or Heron Quays, West India Quay or Canary Wharf DLR between 7.15am and 10.30am on Friday morning, will have their journey fare refunded.
Any passenger who incurred incomplete journey charges during this period at these stations, or whilst travelling through any station on the Jubilee line between London Bridge and Stratford, will have these automatically waived.
In addition, anyone travelling from Canary Wharf (Jubilee or DLR), Heron Quays or West India Quay between 4pm and 8pm on Friday evening, will have their journey fare automatically refunded.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Brown, managing director for London Underground & London Rail, said: “I am very sorry for the disruption suffered by our customers on the Jubilee line this morning.
“For those on the east end of the line this was compounded by problems on the DLR and I know it meant a tough journey to work for many. As a result we will be refunding those passengers the cost of their travel today.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
“We’re working hard to complete the upgrade of the Jubilee line, which we’re on track to do later this year. The new signalling system is now in place, and we’re working to get on top of any issues with our suppliers right now.”