World’s first rehab centre for online shopping addicts is coming to Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Are you an online shopping addict who can’t stop buying things with the click of a mouse?
If so therapy is at hand and will be available for free in Shoreditch on Friday and Saturday.
The world’s first rehab centre for self confessed online shopping addicts is run by trained therapists and offers help for addicts to curb their bad habit.
The ‘Giant Corp Rehab Centre’ also aims to promote the importance of high street stores that are losing customers to online websites.
Addicts can take part in ‘Meditative Box Therapy’ where they repeatedly flatten cardboard boxes as a form of stress relief as well as ‘Digit Distraction’ classes which aims to retrain the brain to avoid clicking the ‘pay now’ button.
You may also want to watch:
In addition patients can undergo ‘Shock Therapy’ where an art gallery shows the bleak future of the high street to show addicts how damaging shopping with giant retailers online can be.
The rehab centre also offers masterclasses in floristry and latte art help addicts engage with local business in a bid to save the British high street.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
The therapy centre will be open in Redchurch Street.
To book a visit click here