Remembrance Day 2017: Share your stories
- Credit: Archant
Remembrance Day 2017 is fast approaching and the Advertiser is seeking personal stories – which have not been shared with us before – to complement our coverage.
Did you serve with the armed forces? Or was one of your ancestors a soldier, nurse, or home front worker?
Whether modern or historic stories, we would love to hear from you, and tales from less well known conflicts are also welcome, as are experiences of non-combat roles, such as from young people who are cadets, or adults who work with veterans.
If you would like to share a story, please contact Beth Wyatt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8477 3988.
Our coverage will also include publicising commemorative services due to take place around the borough on Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal 2017, keep an eye on the website as events are announced: britishlegion.org.uk.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park