Rescheduled Stepney Green fair to take place on Sunday
The rescheduled Stepney Green fair will take place on Sunday.
The popular annual event was supposed to take place last weekend but had to be cancelled due to the heavy rain.
Key attractions at this year’s event will include a football championship hosted by West Ham United’s community sports trust, an opportunity to try capoeira or fruit carving and a traditional egg and spoon race.
An array of streetfood from Bengali and Indian to Lebanese and Vietnamese will also be on offer alongside a range of craft stalls including jewellery and fashion.
Tower Hamlets’ community organisations will be on hand to provide advice, information and demonstrations of a range of services from tips for employment to keeping healthy.
The fair, organised by the Stifford Centre and held in Stepney Green Park, will take place from 12pm to 7pm.
Last year the fair attracted more than 3,000 people.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
For more information visit facebook.com/stiffordcentre