Residents never signed Offer Document’ with Swan Housing
Dear Ed, Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true. The document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing
Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true (East London Advertiser website letters, April 4).
The Offer Document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing. The tenants only voted for Swan as their landlords because they said they would invest money in the estate.
The Offer Document was never about losing green space. In fact, there were only two options about Brayford Square in the document, to demolish it if that’s what residents wanted, or refurbish it. The residents decided to have it refurbished.
But Swan Housing has broken its promise and made up a third option—to build on the green spaces and retain Brayford sq!
You may also want to watch:
This is an option none of the families were ever made aware of.
How could they have possibly voted for this option?
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 5 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 6 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 10 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
If Ellen Ferris’s claim that the Exmouth Residents Board truly represents the estate, it would be fair for an independent ballot without any Swan Housing involvement to find out residents opinion of building on our open spaces fronting Commercial Road.
Exmouth Estate, Commercial Road, Stepney