Residents never signed Offer Document’ with Swan Housing
Dear Ed, Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true. The document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing
Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true (East London Advertiser website letters, April 4).
The Offer Document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing. The tenants only voted for Swan as their landlords because they said they would invest money in the estate.
The Offer Document was never about losing green space. In fact, there were only two options about Brayford Square in the document, to demolish it if that’s what residents wanted, or refurbish it. The residents decided to have it refurbished.
But Swan Housing has broken its promise and made up a third option—to build on the green spaces and retain Brayford sq!
You may also want to watch:
This is an option none of the families were ever made aware of.
How could they have possibly voted for this option?
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
If Ellen Ferris’s claim that the Exmouth Residents Board truly represents the estate, it would be fair for an independent ballot without any Swan Housing involvement to find out residents opinion of building on our open spaces fronting Commercial Road.
Exmouth Estate, Commercial Road, Stepney