Residents never signed Offer Document’ with Swan Housing
Dear Ed, Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true. The document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing
Ellen Ferris saying in her website letter that tenants signed the Offer Document when the Exmouth Estate in Stepney was handed over to Swan Housing is not true (East London Advertiser website letters, April 4).
The Offer Document is an agreement between Tower Hamlets and Swan Housing. The tenants only voted for Swan as their landlords because they said they would invest money in the estate.
The Offer Document was never about losing green space. In fact, there were only two options about Brayford Square in the document, to demolish it if that’s what residents wanted, or refurbish it. The residents decided to have it refurbished.
But Swan Housing has broken its promise and made up a third option—to build on the green spaces and retain Brayford sq!
You may also want to watch:
This is an option none of the families were ever made aware of.
How could they have possibly voted for this option?
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
If Ellen Ferris’s claim that the Exmouth Residents Board truly represents the estate, it would be fair for an independent ballot without any Swan Housing involvement to find out residents opinion of building on our open spaces fronting Commercial Road.
Exmouth Estate, Commercial Road, Stepney