Respect discusses the way forward at East End meeting
THE RESPECT party is gathering today to discuss its strategy following election defeats in this May s polls. The meeting in Bethnal Green features speeches from party leader Salma Yaqoob, former Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow George Galloway along
THE RESPECT party is gathering today to discuss its strategy following election defeats in this May's polls.
The meeting in Bethnal Green features speeches from party leader Salma Yaqoob, former Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow George Galloway along with Abjol Miah who stood for election for the seat this May.
Respect lost most of its seats on Tower Hamlets council and is now down to just one councillor in the chamber.
Gaza activist and Galloway aid Kevin Ovenden who was recently caught up in the Israeli ambush of the aid convoy is also set to speak.
You may also want to watch:
The party was successful in securing an election for a directly elected mayor in Tower Hamlets in October and is likely to be discussing its plans for the campaign.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic