Retail mall Boxpark is offering free space to celebrate Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
The world’s first pop-up shopping mall in Shoredith is offering free events space for people in the East End who want to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Boxpark which is made up of shipping containers on Bethnal Green Road is celebrating the Queen’s reign between June 2 and 5.
A spokeswoman for Boxpark said: “We would like to reach out to local schools, charities, artists and businesses, and see if they are interested in using Boxpark as a “free” venue for any events.
“Whether you’re a musician looking for a stage, a baker wishing to showcase your treats or a group searching for a place to host an event help us fill up our extended weekend with activities and entertainment.”
An outside deck and a street level cobbled area are all available.
You may also want to watch:
During their celebrations Boxpark will host a “Best of British” music event and are accepting submissions to perform.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to take part or propose an event.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Spaces are also set to be made available during the Olympics.