Retail mall Boxpark is offering free space to celebrate Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
The world’s first pop-up shopping mall in Shoredith is offering free events space for people in the East End who want to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Boxpark which is made up of shipping containers on Bethnal Green Road is celebrating the Queen’s reign between June 2 and 5.
A spokeswoman for Boxpark said: “We would like to reach out to local schools, charities, artists and businesses, and see if they are interested in using Boxpark as a “free” venue for any events.
“Whether you’re a musician looking for a stage, a baker wishing to showcase your treats or a group searching for a place to host an event help us fill up our extended weekend with activities and entertainment.”
An outside deck and a street level cobbled area are all available.
You may also want to watch:
During their celebrations Boxpark will host a “Best of British” music event and are accepting submissions to perform.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to take part or propose an event.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
Spaces are also set to be made available during the Olympics.