Revealed: The most expensive property sold in Tower Hamlets last year
- Credit: Archant
Property worth £2.8 billion was sold in Tower Hamlets last year, figures reveal.
Land Registry data list 3,408 sales in the borough for 2017, including 14 worth £10 million or more.
Bermuda-registered company Spencer Holdings Ltd spent a whopping £257m for units in 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf – the most expensive property in the borough.
The deal represents the third highest payment by a foreign firm for property in the UK.
Meanwhile, two units in 20 Canada Square, the home of BP and big bank Morgan Stanley, were each bought for nearly £119m by DS Four Retail Ltd, which is registered in Barbados.
You may also want to watch:
More than 850,000 residential sales were listed across England and Wales in 2017, down three per cent from the 877,307 recorded by this time the previous year.
The government shelved plans to privatise the Land Registry following heavy criticism in 2016.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff