Revived rose garden opened on Poplar estate
- Credit: Emma Phelps
Summer isn’t quite over yet, and those living on the Aberfeldy Estate can now enjoy the last few days of sunshine in their new rose garden.
The communal garden was revived by Poplar HARCA and Prime Place Developments as part of a £250 million regeneration scheme.
Representatives from both organisations joined residents for the opening of the new garden on Abbott Road.
Malcolm Ward, project director of Poplar HARCA, said: “The rose garden has always been, and will always be, of great significance to the local community.
“It gives us great pleasure to present the garden back to the local community and we hope that it will be enjoyed by even more residents, both existing and new.”
You may also want to watch:
The estate’s transformation will see more than 1,000 new properties, retail facilities, a community centre and landscaped green areas built over the next 12 years.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19