Revived rose garden opened on Poplar estate
- Credit: Emma Phelps
Summer isn’t quite over yet, and those living on the Aberfeldy Estate can now enjoy the last few days of sunshine in their new rose garden.
The communal garden was revived by Poplar HARCA and Prime Place Developments as part of a £250 million regeneration scheme.
Representatives from both organisations joined residents for the opening of the new garden on Abbott Road.
Malcolm Ward, project director of Poplar HARCA, said: “The rose garden has always been, and will always be, of great significance to the local community.
“It gives us great pleasure to present the garden back to the local community and we hope that it will be enjoyed by even more residents, both existing and new.”
You may also want to watch:
The estate’s transformation will see more than 1,000 new properties, retail facilities, a community centre and landscaped green areas built over the next 12 years.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo