Rich Mix receives £900k from Arts Council
- Credit: Rich Mix
Cinema and arts venue Rich Mix will receive £900,000 in funding from the Arts Council over the next three years.
The Bethnal Green Road cultural charity brings performing arts and music to East London, with all profits raised used to support and nurture new and local talent.
Professor Michael Keith, chair of the board, said the additional funding represented a welcome “vote of confidence”.
“This public investment will allow us to continue to support over 100 artists in making and developing work each year and to offer 600 arts events in each year of which at least a third is free to access,” he said.
“We are delighted that we can now plan securely for the next three years, and particularly proud of the fact that the organisation now earns almost 90% of its running costs from its own activities.”
- 1 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 2 Sex offences against man and boy in park believed to be linked
- 3 Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh 'no check out' store launches
- 4 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town