Rich Mix receives £900k from Arts Council
- Credit: Rich Mix
Cinema and arts venue Rich Mix will receive £900,000 in funding from the Arts Council over the next three years.
The Bethnal Green Road cultural charity brings performing arts and music to East London, with all profits raised used to support and nurture new and local talent.
Professor Michael Keith, chair of the board, said the additional funding represented a welcome “vote of confidence”.
“This public investment will allow us to continue to support over 100 artists in making and developing work each year and to offer 600 arts events in each year of which at least a third is free to access,” he said.
“We are delighted that we can now plan securely for the next three years, and particularly proud of the fact that the organisation now earns almost 90% of its running costs from its own activities.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets