Rich Mix receives £900k from Arts Council
- Credit: Rich Mix
Cinema and arts venue Rich Mix will receive £900,000 in funding from the Arts Council over the next three years.
The Bethnal Green Road cultural charity brings performing arts and music to East London, with all profits raised used to support and nurture new and local talent.
Professor Michael Keith, chair of the board, said the additional funding represented a welcome “vote of confidence”.
“This public investment will allow us to continue to support over 100 artists in making and developing work each year and to offer 600 arts events in each year of which at least a third is free to access,” he said.
“We are delighted that we can now plan securely for the next three years, and particularly proud of the fact that the organisation now earns almost 90% of its running costs from its own activities.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel