Rival chefs get hot under collar over who’s Chilli champ
CHEFS created a heatwave that rivalled the hot weather in a chilli cook-off to celebrate American Independence Day. A dozen top cooks rustled up their own trade mark’ chilli dishes in the contest in Brick Lane, in the heart of East London’s famous Currie Mile’
CHEFS created a heatwave that rivalled the hot summer weather in a chilli cook-off to celebrate American Independence Day.
A dozen top cooks rustled up their own trade mark’ chilli dishes in the contest at All Star Lanes bowling alley in Brick Lane, in the heart of East London’s famous Currie Mile.’
Sizzling chilli concoctions impressed 300 people who voted for Charlie Nelson’s dish, Charlie con carne’, to win the People’s Choice award.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a panel of top foodies— Tom Pemberton from London’s posh Hereford Road restaurant, Dominic Midgley from the London Paper, William Sitwell from Waitrose Food Illustrated and Steve Collins, All Star Lanes’ own chef—deliberated, cogitated and digested before awarding the top prize.
The hottest chef in town, they decided, was Johnny Turner who was crowned Chili Champ.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
“There was some hot competition here,” he admitted. “I spent a good two, three hours making this traditional recipe that never fails.”
The judges rated his Chilli con Caliente the most balanced and were impressed with its fresh chillies and its consistency.