RNLI crew scale three peaks to raise cash for Tower lifeboats - two more mountains to go
A LONDON lifeboat crew who have swapped the river for the mountains have climbed three out of their five peaks they are tackling in 48 hours. The team from the Tower lifeboat station have climbed Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in Cumbria and Snowd
A LONDON lifeboat crew who have swapped the river for the mountains have climbed three out of their five peaks they are tackling in 48 hours.
The team from the Tower lifeboat station have climbed Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in Cumbria and Snowdon in Wales in 23 hours 13 minutes to raise cash to buy two new lifeboats.
They are on their way to tackle Slieve Donard in northern Ireland and Carrantuohill in the Republic of Ireland.
Meanwhile their colleagues back at base have responded to five call outs in the last 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
The climbing team is hoping to raise �800,000 for new RNLI lifeboats.
To follow their progress follow the link on http://rnli-5peaks.blogspot.com
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
and make a donation at www.justgiving.com/RNLI-5peaks