Road closures announced as Tower Hamlets prepares for London marathon
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Not every borough can boast having the London marathon on its doorstep but this does mean roads will be closed to make way for the big run.
To accommodate the 35,000 entrants set to fill the streets on Sunday diversions will be put in place and roads will be shut through-out the day.
The following roads are set to shut from 8.00am until 19.00pm on Sunday April 13:
Tower Bridge, The High way (South side), Narrow Street, West Ferry Road, East Ferry Road, Marsh Wall, North Colonnade, Poplar High Street and Commercial Road.
Residents on the riverside of Westferry Road are able to use the single lane access route southbound on Westferry Road to the junction of East Ferry Road and Manchester Road,
You may also want to watch:
The opening times given are according to marshal’s deciding roads are safe to be reopened.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom