Road closures announced as Tower Hamlets prepares for London marathon
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Not every borough can boast having the London marathon on its doorstep but this does mean roads will be closed to make way for the big run.
To accommodate the 35,000 entrants set to fill the streets on Sunday diversions will be put in place and roads will be shut through-out the day.
The following roads are set to shut from 8.00am until 19.00pm on Sunday April 13:
Tower Bridge, The High way (South side), Narrow Street, West Ferry Road, East Ferry Road, Marsh Wall, North Colonnade, Poplar High Street and Commercial Road.
Residents on the riverside of Westferry Road are able to use the single lane access route southbound on Westferry Road to the junction of East Ferry Road and Manchester Road,
The opening times given are according to marshal’s deciding roads are safe to be reopened.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi