Robbers knock schoolboy unconscious in Columbia Road
A SCHOOLBOY was knocked unconscious by a gang who stole his mobile phone during a robbery in Bethnal Green last week. The 15-year-old boy was attacked by a group of five youths who hit him over the head as he walked along Columbia Road around 6.30pm last
A SCHOOLBOY was knocked unconscious by a gang who stole his mobile phone during a robbery in Bethnal Green last week.
The 15-year-old boy was attacked by a group of five youths who hit him over the head as he walked along Columbia Road around 6.30pm last Wednesday.
Although he tried to defend himself, the victim was punched to the floor and passed out. Police say the next thing he remembers is waking up when an ambulance arrived.
He was treated in hospital for injuries to his eye and head but has since been discharged.
Officers say the boy was attacked by youths aged 16-18 and say they are keen to speak to witnesses, particularly two women who were with the boy when the ambulance arrived.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Dele Alabi in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
Information can also be emailed to email@example.com