Robbers knock schoolboy unconscious in Columbia Road
A SCHOOLBOY was knocked unconscious by a gang who stole his mobile phone during a robbery in Bethnal Green last week. The 15-year-old boy was attacked by a group of five youths who hit him over the head as he walked along Columbia Road around 6.30pm last
A SCHOOLBOY was knocked unconscious by a gang who stole his mobile phone during a robbery in Bethnal Green last week.
The 15-year-old boy was attacked by a group of five youths who hit him over the head as he walked along Columbia Road around 6.30pm last Wednesday.
Although he tried to defend himself, the victim was punched to the floor and passed out. Police say the next thing he remembers is waking up when an ambulance arrived.
He was treated in hospital for injuries to his eye and head but has since been discharged.
Officers say the boy was attacked by youths aged 16-18 and say they are keen to speak to witnesses, particularly two women who were with the boy when the ambulance arrived.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Dele Alabi in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 7 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 8 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
Information can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org