Robbers try to headbutt victim in Bethnal Green mugging
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman. Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman.
Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
One of the youths tried to headbutt the woman during the attack around 12.30am before running off towards Virgina Road.
Police say two white men chased the gang towards Brick Lane but lost them and had left before officers arrived on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as Asian men aged around 18 and around 5ft 9ins tall with short, black hair.
One was wearing a light coloured hooded top, a scarf and dark jeans while another was wearing a dark hooded top and , a scarf and dark jeans.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Cops are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Chrissy Jessah in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Information can also be emailed to email@example.com