Robbers try to headbutt victim in Bethnal Green mugging
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman. Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman.
Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
One of the youths tried to headbutt the woman during the attack around 12.30am before running off towards Virgina Road.
Police say two white men chased the gang towards Brick Lane but lost them and had left before officers arrived on the scene.
The suspects are described as Asian men aged around 18 and around 5ft 9ins tall with short, black hair.
One was wearing a light coloured hooded top, a scarf and dark jeans while another was wearing a dark hooded top and , a scarf and dark jeans.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 7 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
Cops are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Chrissy Jessah in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Information can also be emailed to email@example.com