Robbers try to headbutt victim in Bethnal Green mugging
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman. Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of
COPS are appealing for witnesses to a robbery in which a youth tried to headbutt a young woman.
Four Asian youths stole a purse and a mobile phone from a woman in an alleyway between Gossett Street and Virginia Road in Bethnal Green in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
One of the youths tried to headbutt the woman during the attack around 12.30am before running off towards Virgina Road.
Police say two white men chased the gang towards Brick Lane but lost them and had left before officers arrived on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as Asian men aged around 18 and around 5ft 9ins tall with short, black hair.
One was wearing a light coloured hooded top, a scarf and dark jeans while another was wearing a dark hooded top and , a scarf and dark jeans.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
Cops are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Chrissy Jessah in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Information can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org