Robbers try to throttle Mile End mugging victims
TWO muggers tried to strangle a man when they robbed him of his iPhone as he walked with a friend in Mile End on Saturday evening. The pair, a 24-year-old man and a 30-year-old man, were attacked as they walked along the Regent s Canal towpath just north
TWO muggers tried to strangle a man when they robbed him of his iPhone as he walked with a friend in Mile End on Saturday evening.
The pair, a 24-year-old man and a 30-year-old man, were attacked as they walked along the Regent's Canal towpath just north of Mile End Road at 7pm.
One of the robbers grabbed the 30-year-old's coat, demanding his property before turning his attention to the younger man when he stepped in to help his friend.
He threw him to the floor and started choking him while his accomplice went through his pockets and took his wallet and iPhone.
You may also want to watch:
The pair then taunted their victims before running off north along the towpath.
Neither victim required hospital treatment, although the younger man had grazing to his neck and swelling to his face.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Police have described the suspects as two black men, aged 20-30, both wearing dark hooded tops. One was wearing dark bottoms and the other had a black hat.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to contact Det Con Kelly Spencer in the robbery squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Witnesses can also email firstname.lastname@example.org