Robbie Kings runs three marathons one after another to support Bethnal Green’s Magic Me charity
- Credit: Magic Me
Robbie Kings waited a long time for a marathon—but like the London double-deckers they’ve now arrived three together!
He is in the middle of running triple marathons for Bethnal Green’s Magic Me charity.
Robbie is just back from Spain having done the Saville marathon, while next month it’s Paris on April 8 and London on April 22.
The 35-year-old West End theatre show publicist chose Magic Me which brings old and young generations together.
“My Gran lives alone after my grandfather died two years ago,” he says. “So I understand the importance of bringing elderly people together in social situations. Life is about connections and the impact we can have on each other.”
You may also want to watch:
Robbie admits he was “barely able to run a mile” in his 20s, but worked his way up to his first marathon in Amsterdam at 29.
He has run marathons since in Rome, Paris, Stockholm and last month in Seville. Taking on Paris and London one after another will be his sixth and seventh—arriving together like London buses!
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid