Roll up, roll up! Set up your own market pitch—for half price
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price for pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession. The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession.
The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times.
“Times are difficult at the moment,” a Tower Hamlets council statement admits. “This is an opportunity for people to run their own business without long-term liabilities such as a shop leases.
“Trading is hard work, but it’s an opportunity for people in the current economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Temporary traders’ are being enticed with �10 charges Monday to Friday at the markets in Petticoat Lane (Wentworth Street), Bethnal Green Road, Poplar’s Chrisp Street, Shadwell’s Watney Street, Bethnal Green’s Roman Road Square and further along Roman Road in Bow.
The deal is being offered until May 28 by Market Services in Commercial Street, Whitechapel. Wannabe stallholders can apply by email or by phone on 020-7364 1717.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 10 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud