Roll up, roll up! Set up your own market pitch—for half price
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price for pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession. The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession.
The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times.
“Times are difficult at the moment,” a Tower Hamlets council statement admits. “This is an opportunity for people to run their own business without long-term liabilities such as a shop leases.
“Trading is hard work, but it’s an opportunity for people in the current economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Temporary traders’ are being enticed with �10 charges Monday to Friday at the markets in Petticoat Lane (Wentworth Street), Bethnal Green Road, Poplar’s Chrisp Street, Shadwell’s Watney Street, Bethnal Green’s Roman Road Square and further along Roman Road in Bow.
The deal is being offered until May 28 by Market Services in Commercial Street, Whitechapel. Wannabe stallholders can apply by email or by phone on 020-7364 1717.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids