Roll up, roll up! Set up your own market pitch—for half price
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price for pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession. The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession.
The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times.
“Times are difficult at the moment,” a Tower Hamlets council statement admits. “This is an opportunity for people to run their own business without long-term liabilities such as a shop leases.
“Trading is hard work, but it’s an opportunity for people in the current economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Temporary traders’ are being enticed with �10 charges Monday to Friday at the markets in Petticoat Lane (Wentworth Street), Bethnal Green Road, Poplar’s Chrisp Street, Shadwell’s Watney Street, Bethnal Green’s Roman Road Square and further along Roman Road in Bow.
The deal is being offered until May 28 by Market Services in Commercial Street, Whitechapel. Wannabe stallholders can apply by email or by phone on 020-7364 1717.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green