Roll up, roll up! Set up your own market pitch—for half price
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price for pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession. The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times
NEWCOMERS are being offered half-price pitches to set up stalls at six street markets in London’s East End—to help beat the recession.
The deal is being offered to anyone who fancies trying their hand at street selling in these hard times.
“Times are difficult at the moment,” a Tower Hamlets council statement admits. “This is an opportunity for people to run their own business without long-term liabilities such as a shop leases.
“Trading is hard work, but it’s an opportunity for people in the current economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Temporary traders’ are being enticed with �10 charges Monday to Friday at the markets in Petticoat Lane (Wentworth Street), Bethnal Green Road, Poplar’s Chrisp Street, Shadwell’s Watney Street, Bethnal Green’s Roman Road Square and further along Roman Road in Bow.
The deal is being offered until May 28 by Market Services in Commercial Street, Whitechapel. Wannabe stallholders can apply by email or by phone on 020-7364 1717.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient