Romanian movie producers work with budding film makers on Bow’s Roman Road
Budding film makers will share the secrets they learned about directing movies after learning the craft from Romanian filmmakers who came to Bow’s Roman Road.
For the past three months 20 youngsters from the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets, have been working with the award-winning Romanian filmmakers, including director Radu Muntean scriptwriter Alexandru Baciu, and Bafta winning actress Anamaria Marinca.
It is the first time the Romanian Cultural Institute has begun a partnership aimed at developing stronger cultural links between London and Romania.
Their partnership with Four Corners centre for film and photography on Roman Road was aimed at helping youngsters from disadvantaged backgrounds acquire new skills.
The group documented the creative path their workshops took as they explored the film making production process and learned about team work.
You may also want to watch:
Their film will premier, with the young participants in attendance, at Rich Mix in Bethnal Green Road on July 6.
Tickets are available from Rich Mix box office on 020 7613 7498 or www.richmix.org.uk/film
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week