Romanian movie producers work with budding film makers on Bow’s Roman Road
Budding film makers will share the secrets they learned about directing movies after learning the craft from Romanian filmmakers who came to Bow’s Roman Road.
For the past three months 20 youngsters from the Olympic host boroughs, including Tower Hamlets, have been working with the award-winning Romanian filmmakers, including director Radu Muntean scriptwriter Alexandru Baciu, and Bafta winning actress Anamaria Marinca.
It is the first time the Romanian Cultural Institute has begun a partnership aimed at developing stronger cultural links between London and Romania.
Their partnership with Four Corners centre for film and photography on Roman Road was aimed at helping youngsters from disadvantaged backgrounds acquire new skills.
The group documented the creative path their workshops took as they explored the film making production process and learned about team work.
You may also want to watch:
Their film will premier, with the young participants in attendance, at Rich Mix in Bethnal Green Road on July 6.
Tickets are available from Rich Mix box office on 020 7613 7498 or www.richmix.org.uk/film
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing