Rookie refs on Tower Hamlets training course
BUDDING Chris Foys and Mike Deans have been whistling through a new course on refereeing skills. During the course, organised by Tower Hamlets council, 14 rookie refs are taking a written theory examination, as well as refereeing six matches with the supp
BUDDING Chris Foys and Mike Deans have been whistling through a new course on refereeing skills.
During the course, organised by Tower Hamlets council, 14 rookie refs are taking a written theory examination, as well as refereeing six matches with the support of a mentor before qualifying for a Football Association Referees' Certificate.
The course is part of Tower Hamlets Football Partnership, which has helped increase the number of local Chartered Standard football clubs from three to 13 and welcomed the borough's first women's football club.
This year's 14 participants include one sixth-former, two women and two people who play in the Positive Mental Attitude League which uses football to help with recovery from mental health problems.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call Derek Bennett, the council's senior football development officer, on 020 7364 2681 or email email@example.com
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning