Rookie refs on Tower Hamlets training course
BUDDING Chris Foys and Mike Deans have been whistling through a new course on refereeing skills. During the course, organised by Tower Hamlets council, 14 rookie refs are taking a written theory examination, as well as refereeing six matches with the supp
BUDDING Chris Foys and Mike Deans have been whistling through a new course on refereeing skills.
During the course, organised by Tower Hamlets council, 14 rookie refs are taking a written theory examination, as well as refereeing six matches with the support of a mentor before qualifying for a Football Association Referees' Certificate.
The course is part of Tower Hamlets Football Partnership, which has helped increase the number of local Chartered Standard football clubs from three to 13 and welcomed the borough's first women's football club.
This year's 14 participants include one sixth-former, two women and two people who play in the Positive Mental Attitude League which uses football to help with recovery from mental health problems.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call Derek Bennett, the council's senior football development officer, on 020 7364 2681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears