Rotherhithe Tunnel night-time closures Sundays to Thursdays
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday between 10pm and 5am all month for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday all this month.
The closures between 10pm and 5am are for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment in the tunnel.
Advance warning signs are being put up along the A13 Commercial Road on the northern side and on the two approaches to the Rotherhithe roundabout on the southern side.
Transport for London’s chief street operating manager Garrett Emmerson said: “These works in the Rotherhithe Tunnel are being carried out at night so that disruption is kept to a minimum.”
You may also want to watch:
The night-time closures are January 10-14, 17-21 and 24-28, when drivers are being advised to use alternative Thames crossings such as the A100 Tower Bridge or the A12 Blackwall Tunnel.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 10 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post