Rotherhithe Tunnel night-time closures Sundays to Thursdays
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday between 10pm and 5am all month for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday all this month.
The closures between 10pm and 5am are for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment in the tunnel.
Advance warning signs are being put up along the A13 Commercial Road on the northern side and on the two approaches to the Rotherhithe roundabout on the southern side.
Transport for London’s chief street operating manager Garrett Emmerson said: “These works in the Rotherhithe Tunnel are being carried out at night so that disruption is kept to a minimum.”
You may also want to watch:
The night-time closures are January 10-14, 17-21 and 24-28, when drivers are being advised to use alternative Thames crossings such as the A100 Tower Bridge or the A12 Blackwall Tunnel.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 5 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 8 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents