Rotherhithe Tunnel night-time closures Sundays to Thursdays
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday between 10pm and 5am all month for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment
THE A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel in East London is being closed at night Sunday to Thursday all this month.
The closures between 10pm and 5am are for engineers to install new pedestrian signs, power cables and additional pollution monitoring equipment in the tunnel.
Advance warning signs are being put up along the A13 Commercial Road on the northern side and on the two approaches to the Rotherhithe roundabout on the southern side.
Transport for London’s chief street operating manager Garrett Emmerson said: “These works in the Rotherhithe Tunnel are being carried out at night so that disruption is kept to a minimum.”
You may also want to watch:
The night-time closures are January 10-14, 17-21 and 24-28, when drivers are being advised to use alternative Thames crossings such as the A100 Tower Bridge or the A12 Blackwall Tunnel.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family