Royal baby celebrated at Aldgate street party
- Credit: Archant
An annual street party turned into a Royal celebration as revellers marked the birth of Prince George.
The Devonshire Square Summerfest coincided with the arrival of William and Kate’s bundle of joy last week.
The news that the Duchess of Cambridge had given birth the day before celebrations were due to start lent the party a “unique atmosphere”.
Organiser Eugene O’Keeffe added: “Our community seemed to really enjoy it and that is the most important thing for us.”
And the best of British was on show as people enjoyed fresh food, live music and drink in the sun.
You may also want to watch:
The party was held from July 23-25 in the Aldgate Square.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park