Royal couple visit Whitechapel
Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie the Countess of Wessex, are visiting an interactive science education centre in Whitechapel today.
The Royal couple are founders of the Wessex Youth Trust and will visit some of the charity’s beneficiaries in east London, together with their corporate partner Deutsche Bank.
They are to visit the award-winning Centre of the Cell in Newark Street, which combines hands-on learning with a science laboratory that is at the forefront of medical research.
The royal party will also be visiting Circus Space in Hoxton to find out how a grant from the charity and the bank helped fund summer schools for young people aged 11-18.
They were also due to have lunch at Deutsche Bank’s London offices.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Foster-Brown, chairman of The Wessex Youth Trust, said: “Tours such as the one today bring to life the work that The Wessex Youth Trust has achieved over the years.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park