Royal couple visit Whitechapel
Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie the Countess of Wessex, are visiting an interactive science education centre in Whitechapel today.
The Royal couple are founders of the Wessex Youth Trust and will visit some of the charity’s beneficiaries in east London, together with their corporate partner Deutsche Bank.
They are to visit the award-winning Centre of the Cell in Newark Street, which combines hands-on learning with a science laboratory that is at the forefront of medical research.
The royal party will also be visiting Circus Space in Hoxton to find out how a grant from the charity and the bank helped fund summer schools for young people aged 11-18.
They were also due to have lunch at Deutsche Bank’s London offices.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Foster-Brown, chairman of The Wessex Youth Trust, said: “Tours such as the one today bring to life the work that The Wessex Youth Trust has achieved over the years.”
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start