Royal Greenwich set to become home to London’s first cruise terminal
Greenwich looks set to become the home of London’s first cruise terminal, and will welcome a number of leading players in the cruise industry to an international conference, this week.
The conference will coincide with the re-opening of the Cutty Sark by Her Majesty the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh tomorrow (Wednesday).
Greenwich will welcome delegates from a number of Europe’s biggest ports and from the industry’s leading operators.
The cruise terminal is being built at Greenwich Peninsula and will see cruise ships sail down through the Thames barrier, the new Emirates Cable Car, the O2 Arena and the Canary Wharf skyline to dock at the terminal close to the world-famous Cutty Sark.
Cllr Chris Roberts said: “Tourism already brings in �774 million per year to our local economy and this will clearly be a massive boost for an already thriving local industry.
“We’re hugely proud of the rich mix of attractions, culture and history we have at the World Heritage site and beyond in Greenwich.
“The coming of London’s first cruise terminal at Enderby Wharf will be a big landmark in that history and a superb addition to all we have to offer here in Royal Greenwich.”
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
Enderby Wharf includes a brand new hotel - linked to the terminal - plus new homes and offices.
James Blakey, planning director at West Properties, said: “The Enderby Wharf scheme, designed by international architect Ian Simpson will make a striking new addition to the skyline of London and Royal Greenwich.”