Royal London Hospital ""underperforming
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report. Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in White
THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report.
Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in Whitechapel has been rated "underperforming" by the Department of Health (DOH) and now faces being managed by NHS London until it improves.
Hospitals across the country were measured on their general standards, patients' experiences, quality, safety and government targets and the results were published in the DOH's first Quarter Publication for 2009-10.
And Barts was one of only eight trusts in the country and one of four in London to be given the low rating.
The trust which also runs Bart's Hospital in Smithfield and the London Chest Hospital in Bethnal Green could be designated a "challenged" trust if it fails to improve which could lead to an external review and some of its board members being suspended.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021