Royal London Hospital ""underperforming
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report. Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in White
THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report.
Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in Whitechapel has been rated "underperforming" by the Department of Health (DOH) and now faces being managed by NHS London until it improves.
Hospitals across the country were measured on their general standards, patients' experiences, quality, safety and government targets and the results were published in the DOH's first Quarter Publication for 2009-10.
And Barts was one of only eight trusts in the country and one of four in London to be given the low rating.
You may also want to watch:
The trust which also runs Bart's Hospital in Smithfield and the London Chest Hospital in Bethnal Green could be designated a "challenged" trust if it fails to improve which could lead to an external review and some of its board members being suspended.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs