Royal London Hospital ""underperforming
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report. Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in White
THE Royal London Hospital is not meeting NHS minimum standards, according to the latest report.
Barts and the London Trust which runs the hospital in Whitechapel has been rated "underperforming" by the Department of Health (DOH) and now faces being managed by NHS London until it improves.
Hospitals across the country were measured on their general standards, patients' experiences, quality, safety and government targets and the results were published in the DOH's first Quarter Publication for 2009-10.
And Barts was one of only eight trusts in the country and one of four in London to be given the low rating.
You may also want to watch:
The trust which also runs Bart's Hospital in Smithfield and the London Chest Hospital in Bethnal Green could be designated a "challenged" trust if it fails to improve which could lead to an external review and some of its board members being suspended.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel