Royal London's science centre opens its doors today
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Visito
THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors can have a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell from noon until 3.30pm as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
Visitors can also get tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and find out more about the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom