Royal London's science centre opens its doors today
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Visito
THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors can have a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell from noon until 3.30pm as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
Visitors can also get tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and find out more about the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing