Royal London's science centre opens its doors today
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Visito
THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors can have a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell from noon until 3.30pm as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
Visitors can also get tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and find out more about the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty