Royal London's science centre opens its doors today
by Gemma Collins THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre. Visito
THE Royal London Hospital is opening its doors to the public today giving thousands of visitors the chance to have a peek at its new science centre.
Visitors can have a tour of Barts and the London Trust's new Centre of the Cell from noon until 3.30pm as part of the Whitechapel hospital's open day.
The science centre, the first in the world to be located within working research laboratories, is based in a giant `pod' in the Blizzard Building behind the hospital and is designed to give school kids the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
Visitors can also get tips on how to achieve a healthier lifestyle and find out more about the trust's building project.
You may also want to watch:
An array of historic photographs from the trust's archives will also be on display to mark the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War and the role of the trust's hospitals in maintaining health services during the Blitz.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17