Royal wedding party: Gordon Ramsay Narrow pub, Limehouse
It’s all in that kiss – at least crowds in Limehouse thought so.
The Narrow Pub, on the Thames, usually rammed on a lovely spring’s day, was markedly quiet after the initial Royal Wedding build-up.
But after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge locked lips, people of the Docklands unglued themselves from their television screens and headed to trusty locals such as The Narrow.
The Gordon Ramsay-owned gastro pub decided a barbecue was the best way to feed the celebrating crowd, with burgers, sausages and king prawns the order of the day.
“We’re having out own lunch-time reception, albeit a little late,” said one local.
You may also want to watch:
Some free posh nosh desserts were also doing the rounds to keep the celebrators content.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid