Royal wedding party: Gordon Ramsay Narrow pub, Limehouse
It’s all in that kiss – at least crowds in Limehouse thought so.
The Narrow Pub, on the Thames, usually rammed on a lovely spring’s day, was markedly quiet after the initial Royal Wedding build-up.
But after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge locked lips, people of the Docklands unglued themselves from their television screens and headed to trusty locals such as The Narrow.
The Gordon Ramsay-owned gastro pub decided a barbecue was the best way to feed the celebrating crowd, with burgers, sausages and king prawns the order of the day.
“We’re having out own lunch-time reception, albeit a little late,” said one local.
You may also want to watch:
Some free posh nosh desserts were also doing the rounds to keep the celebrators content.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns