‘Rum do’ for connoisseurs at Excel’s weekend RumFest
It’s a ‘rum do’ for connoisseus for the first time at east London’s ExCel centre where the world’s largest celebration of rum and its culture is being staged.
The UK RumFest on Saturday and Sunday, October 12 and 13, features 400 different brands from around the world.
Organisers have added a dash of new ‘connoisseur’s cove’ area for the first time this year, where the discerning drinker can sample some of the world’s rarest premium brands, nestled away from the carnival crowds.
The festival, now in its seventh year, includes cocktail displays and demonstrations, masterclasses, seminars and a dedicated tropical food market with rum and food pairing.
Live bands play exotic rhythms throughout the exhibition space, 12 noon to 5pm, while visitors watch skilled ‘mixologists’ creating cocktail masterpieces.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets Saturday or Sunday are £25, or £45 including Connoisseurs’ Cove, weekend tickets £80 (Cove included), at Excel in Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, DLR to Custom House.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences