‘Rum do’ for connoisseurs at Excel’s weekend RumFest
It’s a ‘rum do’ for connoisseus for the first time at east London’s ExCel centre where the world’s largest celebration of rum and its culture is being staged.
The UK RumFest on Saturday and Sunday, October 12 and 13, features 400 different brands from around the world.
Organisers have added a dash of new ‘connoisseur’s cove’ area for the first time this year, where the discerning drinker can sample some of the world’s rarest premium brands, nestled away from the carnival crowds.
The festival, now in its seventh year, includes cocktail displays and demonstrations, masterclasses, seminars and a dedicated tropical food market with rum and food pairing.
Live bands play exotic rhythms throughout the exhibition space, 12 noon to 5pm, while visitors watch skilled ‘mixologists’ creating cocktail masterpieces.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets Saturday or Sunday are £25, or £45 including Connoisseurs’ Cove, weekend tickets £80 (Cove included), at Excel in Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, DLR to Custom House.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided