Run Tube later on Friday and Saturday, London Assembly urges
THE London Underground should run later on Friday and Saturday nights, the London Assembly has urged. Boris Johnson is being asked to extend hours, beginning with the Jubilee Line which has been choked by weekend closures
THE London Underground should run later on Friday and Saturday nights, the London Assembly has urged.
Boris Johnson is being asked to extend hours, beginning with the Jubilee Line which has been choked by weekend closures for the past 18 months.
The call came during the Mayor’s Question Time at City hall yesterday by the Assembly’s Lib Dem transport spokesman Caroline Pidgeon.
“If there is one line that deserves to benefit from longer hours it must be the Jubilee,” she said afterwards.
“Everyone who uses the Jubilee has already faced months of inconvenience because of the continuing weekend closures.
You may also want to watch:
“Many traders who rely on weekend and evening business have been hit for six.”
Shops and stores at London’s Canary Wharf have been badly hit by the Jubilee’s closures which have left the Isle of Dogs business district isolated from the City and West End.
Caroline Pidgeon reminded Boris of his election pledge to extend the opening hours of the whole Tube network.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
“It is now time the Mayor honoured his pledge,” she added. “He should start with the Jubilee Line, where the upgrade works be completed this year.”
Boris has said publicly he wants to extend Tube hours and is considering her proposal for the Jubilee Line.