Runners wanted for Mile End glow neon event
A charity for blind and partially sighted people is looking for people to take part in its glow neon fun run fundraiser.
The Royal National Institute of Blind and Partially Sighted People (RNIB) are staging the event, inspired by colourful parties held in Thailand, with participants are encouraged to run or walk the 3km course at the Mile End Stadium, Burdett Rd, on Friday October 25 at 7pm.
To create the party atmosphere, as the runners go around the course, they will be sprayed by cannons filled with luminous paint and there will be DJ’s on hand with motivational music as they run pass.
Sophie Batchelor, RNIB area fundraising manager, said: “This is the first run of its kind in the whole country and I’m really excited to be part of this neon run which is raising much needed funds for blind and partially sighted people in the London area.
“This event really is unique and will simulate the challenges around sight loss and sensory impairment.”
Registration for the run will cost £25 plus booking fee, to sign up visit www.rnib.org.uk/glow.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 8 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences