Running Thames City cruises’ earns top family business award
A FAMILY business running pleasure cruises on the Thames has picked up a business award. City Cruises has been named London regional winner of the Best UK Family Business’ awards in the Coutts Prize for Family Business
A FAMILY business running pleasure cruises on the Thames has picked up a prestigious business award.
City Cruises has been named London regional winner of the Best UK Family Business’ awards in the �5m-�25m turnover category of the fifth annual Coutts Prize for Family Business.
The company now goes on to compete in the national finals in London on June 8, taking on rivals from all over the country.
Its Thames tourist services carry a-million passengers a year on sightseeing, entertainment and charter cruises.
You may also want to watch:
“The thing that impressed us was a strong sense of family’ that permeates the business in everything they do,” said Coutts’ evaluation committee chair Christopher Oughtred. “There was also emphasis on training and development coupled with the commitment shown by the next generation.”
The first and second generation of the Beckwith family run City Cruises’ fleet of 14 pleasure boats with support vessels and barges carrying more than a-million passengers a year.
The company run buy Rita and Gary Beckwith operates from Tower Pier as well as Greenwich, Westminster and Waterloo piers. It has grown out of a traditionally fragmented Thames pleasure boat industry on the major sightseeing route between the Tower of London and Houses of Parliament.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift