Rush hour collision in Limehouse leaves 14 injured - Commercial Road still closed at 2pm
Two children were among 14 people injured in a rush-hour collision this morning involving two buses and a motorbike. The incident happened on the Limehouse stretch of the A13, in Commercial Road, just before 9am.
The road remains closed eastbound between the Rotherhithe Tunnel and the West India Dock Road junction. A diversion is in place, which is affecting the 15, 115, 135 and D3 buses.
Fire crews and police rushed to the scene and a spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service told the Advertiser: “We sent a motorbike paramedic, a single responder in a car, four ambulance crews, a duty manager, our hazardous area response team and a medical team in a car.
“Our staff treated 14 patients.
“The motorcyclist was treated for multiple injuries, and a bus driver was treated for neck and back injuries, before being taken to the Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The other 12 patients were bus passengers – 10 adults and two children. They were treated for neck and back injuries and were also taken to hospital.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt