Rush hour collision in Limehouse leaves 14 injured - Commercial Road still closed at 2pm
Two children were among 14 people injured in a rush-hour collision this morning involving two buses and a motorbike. The incident happened on the Limehouse stretch of the A13, in Commercial Road, just before 9am.
The road remains closed eastbound between the Rotherhithe Tunnel and the West India Dock Road junction. A diversion is in place, which is affecting the 15, 115, 135 and D3 buses.
Fire crews and police rushed to the scene and a spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service told the Advertiser: “We sent a motorbike paramedic, a single responder in a car, four ambulance crews, a duty manager, our hazardous area response team and a medical team in a car.
“Our staff treated 14 patients.
“The motorcyclist was treated for multiple injuries, and a bus driver was treated for neck and back injuries, before being taken to the Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The other 12 patients were bus passengers – 10 adults and two children. They were treated for neck and back injuries and were also taken to hospital.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis