MP Rushanara Ali: 'We are in race against time against Delta variant'
Rushanara Ali MP, Bethnal Green and Bow
- Credit: PA Images
Tower Hamlets is at a critical juncture in our battle against Covid-19.
As restrictions eased on July 19, it is paramount that we vaccinate as many people as possible who have yet to receive either their first or second doses.
As of July 12, I believe 35pc of adults in Tower Hamlets had received both doses, and 36pc had received one dose.
It is crucial that we vaccinate the remaining 29pc of adults in the borough as quickly as possible, and I urge all residents to book their vaccine appointments swiftly.
We are in a race against time as the Delta variant continues to spread across the country. Figures I have seen show Covid-19 cases rose by 43.5pc in the week up to July 4 in Tower Hamlets.
Vaccines remain our best way to breaking the link between cases, hospitalisations and deaths.
I urge everyone to take up both their first and second jabs when called.
- 1 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 2 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games