Opinion: Biggest public health emergency of our time
- Credit: FREE TO USE
The coronavirus pandemic is the biggest public health emergency of our time. It has caused hardship and great uncertainty for us all.
Since the crisis began, my team and I have been working incredibly hard to support constituents facing the brunt of this pandemic.
I have joined parliamentarians from all parties to put pressure on the government to ensure it provides the necessary support to our communities and further afield.
I’ve been campaigning for more PPE, funding for our public services including local councils, global humanitarian aid and global trade, to name a few.
In my role on the Treasury Select Committee, I’ve called on the government to ensure that there is sufficient financial support for businesses and workers, and that no-one is left behind.
You may also want to watch:
I’ve been campaigning to help the hundreds of thousands of people who have fallen through the gaps in the government’s coronavirus financial support schemes.
The government must do more to help people survive this crisis.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin