Saddle up on Cycle Friday for chance to present Tour of Britain jersey
CYCLISTS are offered an extra incentive to saddle up for the Cycle Friday scheme which leaves from six points in the city including Mile End Park. Everyone who joins the 8am bike ride to work this Friday will be entered into a draw to present the winning
CYCLISTS are offered an extra incentive to saddle up for the Cycle Friday scheme which leaves from six points in the city including Mile End Park.
Everyone who joins the 8am bike ride to work this Friday will be entered into a draw to present the winning jersey to a professional cyclist at this Saturday's Tour of Britain final stage.
Everyone taking part in this week's Cycle Friday rides will be automatically entered into the draw for the prize, which also includes a pair of tickets to the Tour of Britain's VIP hospitality area at Victoria Embankment.
Thousands of people are expected to turn out on Saturday to watch the competitors including London born Olympic medallist Bradley Wiggins compete in the Tour of Britain cycle race, which is finishing its eight day UK tour in the capital.
You may also want to watch:
The following day, London's weekend of cycling will continue with the Mayor of London's Skyride on a 15km car free route e which takes riders past Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral and The Tower of London and will feature St James Park and views of the River Thames
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff