Sadiq Khan MP visits Bethnal Green to back John Biggs for Mayor
- Credit: Archant
Sadiq Khan MP visited Bethnal Green yesterday for some last minute campaigning for Labour’s mayoral candidate John Biggs.
Mr Khan, who is the Labour Party’s shadow London Minister, greeted residents in Globe Town Market on Roman Road, and said voters should turn out today for Mr Biggs.
Speaking to the Advertiser, he said: “I’ve been really impressed by the campaign John Biggs has run. It’s a unifying campaign.
“I have known John for more than 20 years. He’s got a track record as a councillor, a council leader and at the London Assembly, of working for people from all parties and backgrounds.
“I can imagine John Biggs working as hard for Tower Hamlets against this Tory-led government.”
You may also want to watch:
The MP also criticised Mayor Lutfur Rahman, standing for re-election today, whose team recently cited a TV appearance by Mr Khan as proof the national Labour Party had given up in Tower Hamlets.
He said: “I think the incumbent needs to stop these desperate tactics.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
“Had he spent his time being on the side of local residents he would have served them better over the last four years.”
Read more here: