Safety fear for two women missing from East End including OAP of 69
- Credit: MPS
Two women who have disappeared from their homes in London’s East End and now police are concerned for their safety—one of them a pensioner of 69 who needs medication.
It has been six weeks since the first woman, 43-year-old Tisunara Begum (pictured), was last seen at her home in Shadwell.
She is Asian, 5ft 4ins tall, medium build with black hair, who was wearing a black hijab at the time she disappeared at 11am on March 2.
Tisunara is known to frequent Shadwell’s Watney Market, as well as an area in Derby, in the east Midlands.
Police are also appealing for help in tracing the 69-year-old woman, Edna Chibogwu, who was last seen at 7.30pm on Saturday leaving her home in Teviot Street in Poplar.
You may also want to watch:
Edna is black, about 5ft 5ins tall with grey hair, who was last seen wearing a red and white bobble hat, red jacket with a bright multi-coloured skirt and carrying a cream-coloured handbag.
She suffers from schizophrenia which requires regular medication, Scotland Yard confirmed.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
She is known to ride buses and when she has gone missing before has been found in Bethnal Green and as far as Fulham in west London.
Anyone with information about the first woman, Tisunara Begum from Shadwell, is being urged to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000, quoting reference 15MIS007668.
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the second woman, Edna Chibogwu from Poplar, is being asked to call 101 with the reference CAD 9487/11Apr15.